Friday, August 16, 2013

Experience the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams, AZ

I traveled with my family, a party of 15, last summer on the Grand Canyon Railway. We were headed to the Grand Canyon on a day trip to show my aunt the great state of Arizona. We were instantly upgraded to first-class, so I must boast, it's the ONLY way to travel on this train. The amenities of first class made our entire trip. It was a warm day so the A.C. was much appreciated. As we viewed the other carts ahead - we could see all of the windows were as far down as they could go. I imagine it was pretty hot in coach.

The sites were breathtaking. The pines were as green as I've ever seen them and you could really inhale the raw beauty of Northern Arizona. The land seemed untouched as if we lived in the 1900s. We stopped for about an hour (if I recall correctly) in the Grand Canyon - explored the hotel there, and hiked up along the canyon side for 25 minutes. We didn't want to miss our departure!

I'd recommend this adventure to anyone that has visitors in town and you want to do something different. The downside is that it will be your activity for the entire day, so be sure you want to spend all day with your guests. Maybe not good for toddlers but excellent for adults. Kids may get a little stir-crazy but we seem to still enjoy this ride. For more information, visit http://www.thetrain.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment